AGILE ISO – Introducing Agile ISO Maturity Model
The concept of Agile ISO is related to the employment of agile methodologies at procedure level while retaining an ISO -or equivalent- compliance for the breadth and documentation of your company quality management system. This article briefly describes Agile ISO as a working methodology and introduces a maturity model based on it.
The main key to agilize ISO-level standards is to get rid of the rigidity of the defined operating procedures and replace it with agile business process management digital tools. The ISO 9001:2015 quality management standard allows for agile approaches and rapid process improvement at the base level of a QMS, however, it requires some specific software features to be implemented effectively.
Why Agile + ISO?
- Agile methods are faster and encourage collaboration by reducing some of the hierarchical distinctions inside certain workspaces. Employees are valuable and trusting them is good for your company.
- ISO framework sets the industry-recognized best practice levels for most of sectors and its accreditation gives your company a recognizable quality and excellence badge.
- Includes a Maturity Model that helps to measure of qualitative progress of your company.
Agile ISO Maturity Model Stages
- Documented processes, be sure that all your company’s procedures are identified and documented.
- Followed processes, all the defined processes have to be followed and used regularly by your team.
- Managed processes, processes should shape and inform the way in which you conduct your operations.
- Optimized processes, this stage requires you to gather accurate data from your processes and analyse it to improve the outputs.
- Integrated processes, finally, the final stage concerns creating processes where you may not have had processes before.
References: Henshall, A. (2019). Agile ISO: A Holistic Business Process.
What are Maturity Models in Business? (Capability Maturity Model, AIMM, and More) | Process Street. (2019). Process Street.