Good collaboration, bad collaboration: A new report by Slack
Collaboration has turned into a crucial feature of a successful working environment. Employees are increasingly called to carry out more complex tasks with others. As a result, interdisciplinary projects have taken over the vast majority of companies transforming collaboration into one of the most valuable tools.
The current article delivers crucial insights into what difficulties workers face today, how team collaboration can spur innovation, and how managers and leaders can support good collaborative teams while empowering autonomy at work.
1. What makes companies successful
Revenues measure the value of every company. However, employees state the successful companies:
- Focus on customers.
- Invest in employees.
- Are profitable.
In any case, the criteria changes as employees progress through their careers. Experienced workers evaluate companies using a set of guidelines that align with management’s priorities.
2. What workers value and why it matters
Besides drawing a salary and being efficient, the top global employee workplace values are:
- Being part of a team of community.
- Having autonomy at work.
- Achieving or mastering a skill or trade.
Moreover, workers within different sectors consider autonomy within the working environment as a key attribute to job satisfaction.
However, autonomy takes different meanings for different generations.
3. Collaboration challenges around the world
Moreover, collaboration as autonomy takes different meanings yet in this case from a geographical viewpoint.
4. What makes for good team collaboration?
Despite geographical differentiations, no matter the country or industry, it is common knowledge that ease of communication makes “good collaboration”. Conversely, the most overwhelming challenges faced by top team collaboration initiatives are centered around communication difficulties. Achieving higher levels of trust and visibility may ease solving the previous problems. Besides, ensuring that coworkers are being kind to each other, and that goals and responsibilities are explicit and visible to all should help. Nevertheless, communication problems may be harder to solve as companies and the associated number of employees grow hardening working together.
5. How employee workplace values evolve, from small businesses to large enterprises
As a whole, employees value whatever helps them fix the company’s current problems. However, these may take different names between Emerging Small Businesses (ESB), Small Businesses (SMB), Enterprises (ENT), and Large Enterprises (LENT).
6. How managers can improve team collaboration
Event though there are many problems to be solved in relation to collaboration, managers could find a way in order to help. Some ways managers can aid employees work better together, and individually, regardless of the company size involve:
- Create the foundations for clear communication and employee trust.
- Reduce institutional barriers to healthy collaboration, such as bureaucracy.
- Make responsibilities clear.
- Increase autonomy for more experienced workers.
- Provide time and resources for creative projects.